THE FLEXSTREN STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGY: PROVIDING FLEXURAL STRENGTH BY “WRAPPING IN TENSION”
The FLEXSTREN structural technology is providing flexural strength by wrapping “in tension” the concrete products, or any “ceramic behavior” product - with fiber roving’s impregnated with resin.
THE PROBLEM THAT TRIGGERED THE INNOVATION
The problem has various levels, the highest being that the only structural technology currently capable of imparting flexural strength to materials with "ceramic behavior” such as concrete, which are characterized by high compressive strength and low tensile/flexural strength, is to reinforce the concrete with steel bars or strands.
This also means that there are no structural technologies to impart flexural strength to “ceramic behavior” materials other than concrete.
In a nutshell, the problem was the lack of efficient and eco-sustainable structural technologies capable of conferring flexural strength to materials with ceramic behavior. And this does not only concern the construction industry, but also the aerospace, energy, and mechanical industries.
FLEXSTREN: THE CONSEQUENCES FOR THE CONSTRUCTION WORLD
The consequences for the construction world are enormous:
· It means abandoning steel as a reinforcement and therefore overcoming the problems of corrosion, durability, fire resistance, and concrete cover.
· Ability to use PH-neutral concrete that has a lower CO2 footprint and significantly improves sustainability. They cannot be used in the presence of traditional steel reinforcement as they do not protect against corrosion
· Ability to make concrete structures with ductility similar to that of steel structures, with all that this entails in the seismic and non-seismic environment
· The functional characteristics of existing products/structures are improved, and it is also possible to create new products and structures that cannot be produced with current technologies
· Build prefabricated structures equipped with mechanical connections capable of transferring enormous tensile and bending loads
Enable a giant step in the industrialization of the construction sector
FLEXSTREN FOR THE MECHANICAL, AEROSPACE, ENERGY INDUSTRIES
FLEXSTREN opens up applications both for high temperatures and as a replacement for forged steel.
FLEXSTREN IS ECO-SUSTAINABLE
· Because the structure is corrosion free, so it has a longer durability
· Because the structural sections are reduced compared to traditional structural technologies, therefore less material is needed. This is for the very effective structural combination between FLEXSTREN FRP and “ceramic behavior” materials.
Copyright © 2017 FSC Technologies LLC - All Rights Res